Panaghia Myrtidiotissa Ltd (operating as P M Village) is a not-for-profit company which strives to provide the highest standard of care to the frail aged in the community. We offer a quality lifestyle through supporting each individual to maintain the dignity and independence in a close knit family atmosphere.
P M Village commenced operation in November 2000 as an aged care home catering to the needs of 18 care residents. It is now a 51 bed home with Mediterranean style buildings in beautiful landscaped grounds. We are located in the north side suburb of Bald Hills and are close to seaside Sandgate and Shorncliffe.
The following services are available:
- Residents can have their clothes laundered free of charge
- Telephones are available in each apartment – residents may prefer to provide their own if they wish.
- Television reception is available in each unit – (residents may provide personal televisions)
- Television and DVD facilities are available for residents in the lounge room.
- Spiritual – Ministerial visits weekly and fortnightly
- Physiotherapy – Services are available as required
- Podiatry – a podiatrist visits the Village every 6 – 8 weeks
- Dietician, Speech Therapist and Social Worker – Services are available as required
- Hairdresser – visits the Village fortnightly
P M Village has supplies of large print books and takes interested residents to the Pine Rivers Library monthly.
Medical and Allied Health Services available:
- PM Village has a visiting GP available to the home or residents may continue visiting their preferred providers. Appointments are arranged on an individual needs basis.
- A pharmacy provides a complete pharmaceutical service.
- Pathology, X-Ray, Dental, Ophthalmology and Audiology services are available by appointment.
After consultation with the Care Manager, family may bring pets to visit residents.
Activities and outings that are organised by Leisure and Lifestyle staff, which are provided on a regular basis and include music, craft and discussion groups. Individual programmes are also developed based on information gained by the Leisure and Lifestyle staff on admission.
There is a bus service which covers the following routes (which travel through Bald Hills) numbers 326 or 327 Strathpine to Toombul and number 680 Redcliffe to Brisbane City. There is a Railway Station at Bald Hills providing a connection to Brisbane. The village also has its own bus for transport to shopping and outings.
Delicious meals, morning and afternoon teas are freshly prepared and cooked on site.
Emergency Call System
A small pendant is provided to each resident and can be worn around the neck or wrist. Emergency assistance is also available during the night from our night staff.
The Village offers an interesting variety of exercises with twice-weekly Falls Prevention Group and a weekly Hydrotherapy visit to a heated pool.